Would you love some pancakes as a weekend indulgence, but you don’t want to mess around for ages in the kitchen or go out for breakfast?
This recipe should fit the bill perfectly!
If you don’t have all of the ingredients, just make sure that you grab what you need on your next shopping trip, along with your favourite fruit and/or toppings.
Then all you need is about ten minutes to whip them up and you can jump back into bed or relax on the sofa with your favourite book, app or TV show and enjoy a leisurely start to the weekend.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 50g plain or Greek Yoghurt
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ banana, chopped
- Pure Maple Syrup and fruit/nuts of your choice for toppings
- Put all of the ingredients, except the maple syrup and toppings, into a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour spoonfuls of the batter into a non-stick frying pan and cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately drizzled with maple syrup and topped with fruit and/or nuts.
- This recipe will make 2-3 large pancakes, so adjust the quantities accordingly
- *You can substitute any flour you like for the oats, or combine half and half – buckwheat is great
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!