Pancakes? Yes please!
We all love pancakes as a weekend indulgence, but sometimes the thought of messing around in the kitchen is just too much.
I get it! Don’t feel like going out either?
Well let me present my easy weekend pancakes: just throw all of the ingredients in a blender, cook and enjoy. It really is that easy, I promise.
Even better, these are made with wholesome, healthy ingredients, there’s no refined sugar and they’re delish!
Drizzle with some pure maple syrup, top with your favourite fruit and enjoy a leisurely start to your weekend.
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ⅓ cup of plain Greek Yoghurt
- ¼ cup of milk or cream
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ a banana, chopped
- Pure Maple Syrup and fruit/nuts of your choice for toppings
- Put all of the ingredients, except the maple syrup and toppings, into a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray evenly with an oil spray.
- Pour spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and cook over a medium-high heat until the pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with maple syrup and topped with fruit and/or nuts.
- This recipe will make 2-3 large pancakes, so adjust the quantities accordingly.
- *You can substitute any flour you prefer for the oats, or combine half and half – buckwheat or flax seed work really well.
- Try adding a handful of raspberries for pretty pink pancakes!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!